We are excited to announce a few more environment variables available for you to use in Probo! There were several available before, and we've expanded that list to include:
- $BRANCH_NAME - The name of the branch the build is based on.
- $BRANCH_LINK - An HTML link to the branch (in Github, Bitbucket, etc).
- $COMMIT_LINK - An HTML link to the commit (in Github, Bitbucket, etc).
- $PULL_REQUEST_NAME - The name of the Pull Request.
- $PULL_REQUEST_LINK - An HTML link to the pull request (in Github, Bitbucket, etc).
As you can see, all of these new environment variables are specific to your service provider. Specifically, you can get branch, pull request, and commit links from Github or Bitbucket (or any other service provider). This will allow you to access contextual information from within your build environment.
These environment variables can be accessed within a shell script you call as one of your Probo build steps. Alternatively, you can access the environment variables directly within your Probo YAML file.